Missing texture

Guest Madmatt

I don't have a Voodoo in my 2000 rig so I can't confirm that this a widespread w2k issue. My guess is that its something in the drivers, but will keep on the lookout for other issues.

Something you could try is to install the .50 cal mod from CMHQ and see if still appears all white.

Madmatt

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 12-30-2000).]

Replacing 1913.bat with the one over at CMHQ was actually one of the first things I tried. Unfortunately, it didn't help. I have also taken further note that the C&C and target lines are not appearing in color. They too are white (interestingly, the LOS line is still in color). None of these problems occur in WinME on the same machine and running off the same CMBO directory. If it helps, here is some futher technical detail about my environment.

Windows 2000 Pro

DX8

Voodoo 5 5500 w/v.1.04 drivers

(problem occurs with and without FSAA)

Pentium III 600

256MB RAM

I have this problem as well. I believe it was happening with drivers before the 1.04 too. There has been at least one other poster with this problem (the 50 caliber, C&C and target lines all appear white) but you would think that there would be more people showing up with this problem. Is anyone with a Voodoo on Win2K not having this problem?

My setup:

Windows 2000 Adv Server

DX8

Voodoo 5 5500 w/v.1.04 drivers

Abit BP6

Dual Celeron 466's

256MB RAM

When I upgraded my computer earlier this year with the BP6 and new RAM and hard drives, I had the Voodoo3 PCI 2000 and used it for a while with the plan to later upgrade the video card. I was having the famous screen white-out problem that 3dfx is aware of in their drivers with this game. I later bought the Voodoo4 AGP since I did not want to spend $300 for the V5. With the V4, I still had the white-out but also started getting the .50 cal and target line white-out. When the V5 dropped to 180.00, I swapped the V4 for the V5 and am still seeing the same problem although I do not get the original complete white-out. I did drop my resolution since I could now use 4x fsaa which probably reduced my chance of seeing the complete screen white-out. IIRC, dropping screen resolution fixed the screen white-out for several other people.

I was just playing a QB and had purchased a .50 cal unit and a couple of .50 cal mounted jeeps and just realized that the texture is showing up correctly. This is pretty odd. In past games, this texture was all white in both cases.

I did not load new drivers or change any video settings recently.