MOD Compatibility

I haven't tried it yet, but are most of the CMBB BMPs compatible with CMBO (aside from the new infantry uniforms)? I tried to drop the grass BMPs from the CMBB Demo into CMBO, as well as the German helmets (although I deleted the decal). It seemed to work OK. I'm not sure how the Panther, StG, and other AFV mods would work however (aside from changing numbers if necessary).

I like most of the AFV textures in CMBB, as they seem to go well together. It's difficult to achieve a realistic look when you have different mods using different tints/shades, as some appear really dark compared to others. The Jpz IV in CMBB has a bright yellow as compared to the Pz III, IV, V, and VI.....equally good BMPs, they just have an entirely different look (whereas the other Panzers as well as the 250s and 251s go well together).

bmps of BO mods of most tanks will not work with BB, beceause BB's 3D models have been changed (improved, more ploygons). However BFC were running out of time and a number of vehicles comes in bitmaps from BO mods. Here BO mods should work if you renumber the bmps.

The Jadgdpanzer IV you metioned is "Makjagers" BO Jagdpanzer IV which I used for a long time!

Marcus

Originally posted by The Oak:

I tried to drop the grass BMPs from the CMBB Demo into CMBO, as well as the German helmets (although I deleted the decal).

You didn't have to delete the decal. Late war German Heer infantry wear helmets with no decals, so there is already a German helmet texture with no decals in a darker shade than early/mid war helmets.

I had tried the helmet with the BMPs in the Demo. Now that I have the full version, I'm going to try other textures aside from the helmet.....

Hopefully we'll see an update of CMBO that will take advantage of CMBBs ability to use multiple textures, as I like to use the helmet covers on the SS, although not with the German Army....