Ready to rip my hair out.

I'm going nuts here. Combat Missions keeps locking up my computer. Here are the specs I have for it.

P2 400

160 MB pc100 ram

SB Live Platinum sound card

Creative Labs Anihilator Pro Ge Force AGP vid card

Direct X 7.0a

Windows 98 SE

I have killed all programs running in the background and have freed up as much ram as I could. About 30 seconds into the game it locks up. I've done a clean install over and over of Win98SE. I even tried to run it on Win2K Pro and still had the same thing. Any suggestions?

Check your driver with your soundcard ? Have you tried with DX8 ?

Do other games work ok ?

What do you mean in lock ups on your machine, at what stage is the lockup ?

Have you had the game running before or is this the 1st time installing the game

Geoff

Ok...I have Live!Ware 3.0 installed and the second to newest drivers for the video card installed from Creative Labs. I also did change the resoulution on the screen test to 800X600 and it still froze. I get into about 20 seconds of the game and then I have to hit the almighty Reset button. It's not the first time I have installed the game either. But I always get the same problem.