Possible Lockup Fix for Some of You

For several months I have been trying to fix a lockup problem playing CMBO on my self- built AMD Athlon CPU w/ ASUS A7A MB. My Graphics card is a Matrox G400 Max and I have 512 MB of SDRAM. My other CPU runs CMBO just fine smile.gif, so I was not left totally dry.

Anyway, my system would lockup sometimes during the first turn and other times after several turns. The sound would sound like it was in a loop (frozen) and the mouse and everything else would be totally unresponsive. Ctl, Alt, Del...nope...I would have to hit the reset button, then have the fun of watching good ol' scandisk before I got back to my windows ME screen. I finally starting uninstalling apps one at a time and trying the game.

AFTER UNINSTALLING MSN MESSENGER, MY GAME WORKS ABOSOLUTELY PERFECTLY.

Thanks for the bugs Mr. Gates.

It would have been nice to be playing one of the finest games around instead of wasting untold hours on this problem. See if this works for any of you and let me know. You can always reinstall MSN Messenger again if it doesn't work.

Happy gaming!