Spontaneously generating crew in 1.12

I have been getting spontaneously generating crew in 1.12. The research that I have done shows that this is known, but fixed issue, but I have just started seeing this problem after a reinstall of 1.12. I had not seen this effect earlier. Both incidents were in quick battles. In the first battle I found a crew that had bailed from a FT Halftrack go through mitosis and in the middle of the turn one unit fled into a building and was killed - I couldn't see by whom or if it died spontaneously, the other surrendered. Both had the same name and casualty count. Later, a crew unassociated with any vehicle appeared with a 'sneak' command, as it tried to sneak out of a building I controlled. In the next game I played I noticed several allied (enemy) crew cowering that were unassociated with any kill that I knew I made.

I am running CM 1.12 on a Mac PowerBook G3 running system 9.1. The only history I have related to the issue was I installed a number of graphics mods, updated to OpenGL 1.2, then changed my mind about the mods and replaced the original graphic files from a clean back up source. I crashed my first 3 times connecting to a TCP/IP game with an opponent running CM 1.12 on an iMac. I reinstalled the game, and reupdated the patch to 1.12. Though connectivity problems plagued the game and connection was lost several times, the only apparent problem was the spontaneously generating crew. The only permanent unknown change was updating to OpenGL, which I did for no apparent reason.