CMBO Replay of Band of Brothers Scenario

The scenario has the Germans advancing with a company towards the hill top with the paratroopers defending a tree line down slope from the crest
just my 2 cents worth, wouldn't it have been the better strategy to defend from the hill top itself? rather than wait for the germans to 'go over the top'? ;)

Originally posted by abuhabib:

just my 2 cents worth, wouldn't it have been the better strategy to defend from the hill top itself? rather than wait for the germans to 'go over the top'? ;)

Ever scene what happens to a bunch of hamstertruppen who engage a dug-in line of US Paras on a reverse slope? Not pretty.

posted June 14, 2002 11:15 AM

quote:

Ever scene what happens to a bunch of hamstertruppen who engage a dug-in line of US Paras on a reverse slope? Not pretty.

--------------------

Ethan

ok...i can faintly vizualize it. any pix? smile.gif

• 2 months later...

As for the tanks that were shown in that episode of Band of Brothers after Easy company had taken Carentan, go to the HBO Band of Brothers website.

There you can play a small realplayer video about how they made the tanks. They talk about how they used a T-34 chassis for the Tiger (which was also used in SPR).

Also, I think the guy in the rp video says there was a Stug and a Panzerkampfwagen 5?

What exactly was that tank, it looked from the gun flange to be a Jagdpanzer to me.