TF Butler - SPOILER

Playing the TF Butler operation as the US. Just finished the first of five scenarios, with incredible results (if I do say so wink.gif): 15 enemy vehicles destroyed at a cost of 2 Shermans, 1 Greyhound, and 1 Stuart. 7 friendly casualties (2 KIA). Two most amazing moments of the game were when I popped 5 Shermans over a rise 600m directly on the flank of a major German column and killed five AFVs in one turn at no loss, and on the last turn when a single Sherman 75 greased 2 Panthers in 9 seconds! Flank shots at 400m. The Sherman commander's name: Sgt Coward.

Just had to share. I do love this game.

• 2 months later...

Just finished Wild Bill's TF Butler operation. I played as Allies with the usual bonus to the cpu (+25% forces, +1 experience). It was real close the first four battles and then they overran me the last one. Very enjoyable. I'll have to try it again and see if I can flank those Panthers this time.

I noticed one minor discreptancy. In the briefing, you are told you will receive the last two Allied reinforcements in battles 4 & 5. But in actuality you receive them in battles 3 & 4. Not a big deal but since battle 4 is at night, the fighter bomber you receive is useless. Though the operation plays out pretty fairly nonetheless.

Anyways, thanks for another quality operation. Your stuff is always top of the line.