Infantry tactics vs. artillery

Does infantry stand a better chance of surviving if they're out in the open rather than in a wooded environment? The tree top bursts are lethal. I've tried testing both conditions without much success. Infantry tend to flee towards the nearest cover and sometimes that cover is woods.

The TacAI is too dumb to do anything tricky with infantry.

For now, just hunker down ("hide") in whatever cover there is, spread your guys out so only one squad takes the heat, and wait it out.

Infantry, when being hit with a large barrage, tends to break and run to cover while out in the open. I've had infantry run into a strip of woods, which was getting pounded to death.

The beta patch is out and there's been an alteration to infantry retreating. I'm going to check out the new changes.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lacky:

The beta patch is out and there's been an alteration to infantry retreating. I'm going to check out the new changes.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Infantry now be more likely to run toward the enemy when they are seeking cover. This is a lot better than before, when inf would sometimes ignore the tall pines 25m in front of them, and scramble for the brush 100m behind them.

------------------

No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. -Ender's Game