Mod-Manager Sample

Hi all.

Here is a link to a browser-driven Mod Manager for Combat Mission.

http://kingtigerpanther.tripod.com/index.html

The total download will be around 120MB. MadMatt is reviewing a sample. The example provided in the link above will not actually put the new tank, vehicle, face, etc MODs into the CM game. The actual version does. Of course it is free.

Take a look at the Tiger and Kingtiger section. Simply click on the image of the tank you want loaded and whalla, Tanks UP!

Check the Small Arms section as well. Basically load the John Bauckmanns arms default replacements and the pick and choose the replacement guns from the sections provided (bayonets, paratroopers, and miscellaneous). Of course all pages include a link in the upper-right for restoring the Combat Mission defaults.

Why did I right this? First I downloaded some MODs (which I might add I voted against some time ago on this board). Second, I downloaded all the mods. I realised I liked many of the textures and unifroms and needed a quick/easy way to switch between these textures. I basically wrote the web interface to provide the average end-user a simple, quick and painless method to switch between different graphics.

I also invision:

- scenario based total texture, uniform, sound, vehicle changes at the touch of a mouse.

- of course defaults restored at the touch of a key.

I have been enjoying this interface for a few days and just felt I should make it available to anyone. Please provide comments, feedback, etc. If I should not do this, tell me! If someone does not want any of the beautiful mods they created included, simply say, "Richard don't include my stuff".

Richard Kalajian

aka kingtiger