KV2s

I played one QB where I shot at a KV-2 with 7 ATG's of various calibres, from 37mm to 76mm for two turns, and the only thing it managed to do was to scare the crew enough to make them panic and drive into cover for the rest of the game. Lucky for me, because it had been taking out my other guns with one shot per gun (it got three before it was driven away, inluding my only 88).

Yesterday in an allied attack hot seat party I drove two KV-2s against one StuG-IIIF. It managed to knockout one of the KV-2s with one shot, and damage the other one, making it immobile. Of course it did not survive the second KV-2's counterattack.

I like blast=303 tho... smile.gif

From "Stalingrad" by Beevor, p.90-91, a German panzer commander describes an attack on a KV: "The Russian heavy tanks scattered, except for one which had lost a track; its traverse mechanism had jammed, so the turret could not turn. 'We lined up behind it and started to shoot. We counted our hits on this tank, but none of them penetrated the armour. Then, I saw the hatch of the tank move. I guessed that they wanted to surrender, so over the radio I told my company to cease fire. The Russians...climbed out. 'The crew were totally confused, shaken and deafened, but not one of them was even wounded. 'It was depressing to realize how inferior our tank guns were.' "