Video Card Problem?

I just purchased and installed CMBB. However, my mouse pointer doesn't work. I can get to the game's splash screen and that is about it.

I have a Dell 8100 P4, 1.7 GHz (lucky me, right! Apparently Dells aren't taking kindly to this game!) with a 64MB DDR Nvidia GeForce 3 4X AGP video card, running Windows XP Professional, 256 MB Ram. My mouse is a MS Intellimouse Explorer.

After reading the manual, I upgraded the Intellipointer software to version 4.1. The problem didn't clear up. I looked at my current video driver and it's version 3.0.8.7, dated 9/26/02 (I try to stay current with system updates from MS). The Dell website has a driver for this card that's over a year old so they are no help. I looked at NVidia's website and the latest driver is dated 8/7/02 (v. 30.82).

Some questions:

Where should I get video drivers for my system? Can I use the drivers provided by Nvidia? I was under the impression that video cards that come with a Dell system might be modified to their specs and I should get drivers only from Dell. In my case I think my driver is current (I can't explain the difference in version numbers - my system indicates v. 3.0.8.7 provided by Nvidia versus v. 30.82 as stipulated by Nvidia at their web site).

Anyone else saddled with the same issue? I would love to get to my game. I would appreciate any comments. Thank you.