New Detonator drivers problem

I downloaded the new 6.31 Detonater drivers for my Geforce 256 DDR card and there seems to be a minor problem with the game now.

When I start a scenario or load an email file to start a turn, the screen comes up and flickers badly. You can see everything but it jumps on around.

If you alt-tab or esc. to desktop and come right back to game then everything looks fine after that.

I Have'nt noticed any problems during game play but I have only had the drivers loaded for one day.

It's not a big problem and alt-tabing fixes it, just wanted to let you know that there may be some problems with these new drivers.

Guest Madmatt

Just a thought, but did you do a clean install of the drivers i.e. install the Standard VGA driver first and then upgrade to 6.31?

I found that really helps when upgrading Nvidea drivers.

Madmatt

Yes I followed the instructions to do the clean install.

I have noticed that it only seems to occur after prolonged play.

When it happened I was useing alt-tab to switch to the desktop several times to load several email games I was playing.

Maybe after constant switching to the desktop and back to the game it messed up the refresh rate or something. Just a thought.

I have played several turns since then but not as many one after the other as I was a couple of days ago.

Perhaps I just need to not switch back and forth so much with the alt-tab key.