scenario depot questions

The scenario depot for CMBO and CMBB is nice: with a couple of clicks you can get information on a bunch of scenarios, download them or read reviews of them.

But two things missing are that there is no way to send a message to whomever is running the site (or it is well hidden), and there is no way to edit one's comments (or at least i can't find it) once they have been sent.There should be a button to send a message to the webmaster, an like other forums, one should be able to idit one's own comments.

So if after more experience I decide to change my comment or rating on a scenario, how can I do it?

Congrats on a nice site.

Henri

Henri,

Oddly enough, the Contact page is I managed to miss creating when I added the CMBB section to the site.

I can always be reached at:

admketh@dragonlair.net

Changing one's comments and rating values after submitting the review is still a task upon which I am working. The most significant issue is how can the system identify a particular person as the review owner?

Until such time that I can design such code as to ensure the security of reviews, you can always send me an email with the desired changes.

Hey Keth, any word on when the system will stop counting "0" in the overall calculation? I did an all "0" review for Approach to Stalingrad to point out hte incorrect dating and inadvertently destroyed his review numbers when my 0's were averaged in.

jw

Originally posted by jwxspoon:

Hey Keth, any word on when the system will stop counting "0" in the overall calculation? I did an all "0" review for Approach to Stalingrad to point out hte incorrect dating and inadvertently destroyed his review numbers when my 0's were averaged in.

jw

The Overall Rating went from 6 to 3 due to the zero Overall Rating being averaged into the 6, but all of the other ratings still appear to be calculating correctly. I thought I had taken into account the possibility of an Overall Rating of zero, but apparently not. Gimme a day or two to look into it.

Admiral Keth,

I've tried to contact you via e-mail already several times and always the mail could not be delivered.

Also with the current version of the submitpage i'm unable to submit scenarios for CMBB. I'm running IE 5.5 with security low for that session.

A suggestion for the submitpage: Force types can also be mixed

Greets

Daniel

Depot Feature! - Zero-value Reviews as Comments

Now people can post reviews with zero values in all of the categories. This will not affect any of the individual ratings, or the Overall Rating.

It still qualifies as a review for the Top 10 Over 3 lists.

Please note that this code has only been applied to the CMBB Battles pages (Index and Synopsis). I'll be retrofitting the CMBB Operations pages, as well as the CMBO Battles and Operations pages as time permits.

Originally posted by TSword:

I've tried to contact you via e-mail already several times and always the mail could not be delivered.

Daniel,

Try the follwoing addresses:

kmiller@dragonlair.net

admketh@dragonlair.net

The addresses are still good. Just checked the mailbox and I am receiving messages from various authors as of this morning, so it must be working. Note that if you are attempting to send a message with an attachment larger than 1.5 megs (e.g., a scenarios with large screenshots and detailed README), it definitely will bounce. Try sending small pieces.

Also with the current version of the submitpage i'm unable to submit scenarios for CMBB. I'm running IE 5.5 with security low for that session.

What particular error is being displayed? I thoroughly test using NS4.7, NS6.0, IE 5.0, and IE 5.5.

A suggestion for the submitpage: Force types can also be mixed

Good suggestion. I'll implement this in the next round of changes.