Kiwi TsO&E?

Does anyone have 2NZEF's Bn TO&E for the Italian campaign, or a reference thereto?

I'm trying to create Cassino and San Michele scenarios but need this info...

Thanks

------------------

Never leave your mind so open your brains fall out.

Guest Germanboy

I would assume they should have ordinary Commonwealth TO&E - IIRC on divisional level they were better equipped than a UK division, b/c they had more organic support, but on BN level it should not make any difference. I am no expert on the matter though!

------------------

Andreas

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/greg_mudry/sturm.html">Der Kessel</a >

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 12-16-2000).]

I've been using the Brit Bn TO&E but in my reading I don't see any reference to the PIATs or 2" mortars being organic to the Kiwi platoon. They may simply not be mentioned, but I'd like to know.

Other points such as the availability of jeeps, universal carriers and other transport would also be valuable.

Finally there is mention of Vickers MGs being provided from the 27 MG Bn rather than from Bn level support platoons.

------------------

Never leave your mind so open your brains fall out.

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ropey:

I've been using the Brit Bn TO&E but in my reading I don't see any reference to the PIATs or 2" mortars being organic to the Kiwi platoon. They may simply not be mentioned, but I'd like to know.

Other points such as the availability of jeeps, universal carriers and other transport would also be valuable.

Finally there is mention of Vickers MGs being provided from the 27 MG Bn rather than from Bn level support platoons.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay, I can not help you on PIATs and 2in mortars, but I would be very surprised if these were not organic to the platoon. I know they were in UK divisions in the Italian theatre.

The MG Batallion was an organic unit in all UK Infantry Divisions, it was not special to the Kiwis. That I am 150% certain of.

Transport, again I can not help you except by saying that I would expect the 2nd NZ to be at least as well equipped with carriers etc. as other Commonwealth divisions.

------------------

Andreas

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/greg_mudry/sturm.html">Der Kessel</a >

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 12-17-2000).]