CM Freezes

I am running CM 1.12 now. Was using 1.1. 1.1 froze on me almost every game. So does 1.12 now. I didn't have this problem with 1.05 or before. The game freezes with the sound still audible. Ctrl-Alt-Dlt is useless, I am forced to reset the computer to reboot. Usually this problem occurs during the 1st turn or during setup, although occasionally I can play a few turns before it happens.

I have tried:

Changing the aperture size in my BIOS

Changing drivers for my video card

Changing drivers for my sound card

Turning off sound hardware acceleration

Turning off graphics hardware acceleration

Changing the screen resolution

The only thing that has ever worked is turning off the graphics acceleration, but this solution is really not one to me. I didn't like how it played out using that option.

My setup:

P3 700mhz

512 MB SDRAM

GeForce (Dell OEM) w/nvidia 6.31 ref drivers

Turtle Beach Montego II Sound Card

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jeff

Guest Madmatt

Have you tried going with the OEM (Dell) Drivers for your Geforce card? Normally I recommend the Nvidia drivers but there are some cards (notably the ASUS 7700 for one) that just seem to much more stable with thier manufactorer drivers. It all depends on what changes from the reference board design they have implemented into the video card.

Madmatt