Saarburg-A Cruel Heartless Joke

This scenario is completely impossible from the American side. If you had more than 20 turns, or if your troops weren't tired at the beginning of the battle, or if the map was smaller, or if you weren't outnumbered by SMG squads in a forest, or if those damned SP guns weren't there, it might be doable. I take back everything I said earlier. You are an evil, evil man, Wild Bill.

Five tries and no breakout,

Dan

Sorry Dan. I didn't mean to do that to you. Let me go look again. I might have been in a "heartless" mood that day.

No, all of mine are not "easy" I do have a mean streak too.

In the meantime, try lowering the German's capabilities a bit and see if that helps. You gotta break those lines, Dan wink.gif

I'll be back...

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester/Designer

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

• 2 months later...

Okay, Dan, Markgame and Coralsaw, I finally had the time to rework Saarburg. It is now winnable. At least I won. If I can win, its probably too easy now biggrin.gif

I'll be posting it later this week either in CMHQ Depot or on the Boots N' Tracks page.

I'll put up the notice here. Did not mean to be cruel and heartless. I'm trying to improve rolleyes.gif

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester

Scenario Design Team

billw@matrixgames.com

Thanks for being patient with me. I just had so much piled up for so long it took a while to get to it.

I appreciate you mentioning it. In fact, the response of all of you offering helpful suggestions to improve scenarios and campaigns is excellent! Thank you all!

The best testers are you guys who play all the time. That is where you test the metal.

We don't change things arbitrarily, but when a sound argument is presented, it should be checked and verified, and if correction is needed, it should be done.

What good is a scenario if it can't be played and enjoyed?

I'll try to have it up before the weekend, Coralsaw, but I'm sending you a copy to your E-Mail today. In fact, it should already be there.

Thanks to all of you for your positive critiques of these battles.

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester

Scenario Design Team

billw@matrixgames.com

[This message has been edited by Wild Bill Wilder (edited 09-28-2000).]