Combat Missions

Ok, I have played the demo, and loved the game. I like to go to veiw 1, and stick with my troops when the action is going. I do have a question.. I can't seem to recrew tanks or artilery when my crew panics and abandons it. If there is no way to recrew the weopons/vehicals, I suggest that a way is made for both the regular games and the demos. On a whole though, this game demo made me very satisfied. I exspecially like how the troops think for themselves in alot of cases. :D

In many cases the crew will abandon a gun because its damaged, and they might not be paniced (though they will be "shaken")

It would be neat to see a gun be OK, have the crew flee from it, and then have them recrew it after you retake the gun and their nerves calm down. Maybe in the rebuild.

Welcome to CM!

Originally posted by Dinean:

Ok, I have played the demo, and loved the game. I like to go to veiw 1, and stick with my troops when the action is going. I do have a question.. I can't seem to recrew tanks or artilery when my crew panics and abandons it. If there is no way to recrew the weopons/vehicals, I suggest that a way is made for both the regular games and the demos. On a whole though, this game demo made me very satisfied. I exspecially like how the troops think for themselves in alot of cases. :D

This will not be happening. Discussed a great deal in both CMBO and again somewhat in CMBB.

Not practical or likely within the time limit/scope of the game, not practical within the current game engine, also, I believe.

Can lead to extremely gamey behaviour where a player could use it in a completely unrealistic and ridiculous fashion.

Others might well show up to go into greater detail, but you might also do some searching of the Forum for info (I know, the place is huge and searching can be time consuming).

I've just given you the short and general answer.

Yes this place is huge, but not as big as some of the sites I go to. I'll look into it more later, but it is possible to disign it so that you can only recrew the tank type or gun type you left. Ie. add codes to make a tiger tank crew different then a Mark III tank crew. Then again, this could add up another 10-30 mb of memory space, and require a lot more ram which would put me out of the picture probably, but I do beleive it would be worth looking into for games that are bassed on smaller battles. I understand that thing about people taking advantage of something, I used to play Everquest, and people would take advantage of me being low level and them being high level, and just jump in and take my targets. *remembers* looks like I need to get a bite to eat and then use this search engine.

ps. anyone know when the older combat mission demo will be downloadable again, my comp crashed a while ago.