Periers-- Rescue Mission

Well, I got the prisoners,and quickly rushed off my board edge(east), taking only one KIA.The battle AAR said AXIS surrender and Allied tactical victory( Allies lost 7 cas.)

Huh???? What am I missing?? Are you supposed to fight for the flag---which contradicts the assignment? Or is one KIA a loss, that might make sense...... but I did not surrender.......??

Sorry this was not made clearer to you, Lloyd. You are to break through, rescue the wounded,go back to the edge of the board and to get enough points for a victory hold that flag. Not for long, and you should be able to do that with ease. If you do,you'll get a German victory.

I should have pointed that out in the text. Sometimes I assume too much. Thanks for the post. You did well to mention it...WB

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester/Designer

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

Thanks Bill, since I completed the assignment, I'll consider it a win, since per the briefing I'd consider it a loss if I lost most the prisoners but took a lot of Allies with them........Hey, maybe you could revise the scenario to award enough points for exiting the prisoners off the board(is this possible?)so that if you give the rescue more priority than the flag, you still can win. Either way, good job Bill, another fun one........ smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Lloyd Heilbrunn (edited 07-30-2000).]

I wish I could, Lloyd. You know I would!

I personally have my own "victory" system apart from the game, any game.

And especially in a unique scenario like this one. The goal is to rescue the wounded, get back in one piece, both you and them.

Do that and you have won. The computer can prattle about victory or defeat but YOU know you did what was required of you. So you won, big time.

And I qualify most scenarios and operations in that vein. I know when I won. If I took the field, captured the objectives and minimized my losses, Buddy, I won, case closed. The victory screen can take a flying leap! biggrin.gif

It's kinda like the boss saying after you KNOW you did a jam-up job, "Yeah, its okay...but I might have done it a little better..." rolleyes.gif PLEASE!

The hell you say! eek.gif I know it's done right.

You won. Fair and square. I'm sure those wounded German troops consider it a major victory wink.gif. Thanks Lloyd!

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester

Scenario Design Team

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com