Request for new street fork!

Guest Rollstoy

Guest Rollstoy

Having created a dense road network yesterday I frequently stumbled over a missing road fork element, namely one where the street enters from the west and exits north-east and south-east (+rotated about the vertical axis, of course).

like this: __/

......................\

Maybe in later versions this could be included! The editor is awesome, by the way!

Regards,

Thomm

[This message has been edited by Rollstoy (edited 07-07-2000).]

Guest KwazyDog

Thomm, its not perfect but you can get the effect you are looking for by using the following two terrain tiles

a _/_ and a ¯\

Ermm, hard to show using

Hehe, does that make any sense wink.gif ? Not excatly what you wanted but pretty close smile.gif

[This message has been edited by KwazyDog (edited 07-07-2000).]

Guest Rollstoy

Thanks for the quick answer, KwazyDog!

Of course you have a point, but the map I wanted to make was very cramped and I could not afford to waste 20x40 (!!) square meters on just a street fork! I worked around it to some degree, but I found that most of my problems would have been solved by the beforemetioned tile. In fact I found no less than 6 occurances where I could have used it!

Regards, Thomm

By the way: I just remember the autumn (?) wood floor from the MDMP1! There are some bright brown leaves! I think they are *way* to bright! Everything on the wood floor should be darker than the trees themselves! Maybe someone can consider this some time!

Guest KwazyDog

Thanks Thomm, and I agree, hehe. We are going to thin them out a little more, too. I plan to revisit them as soon as I finish a couple of vehicles Im working on. smile.gif

I started modelling Arnhem last night, I find that the map editor doesn't let me cram enough buildings together.

I also looked (in vain) for forks that are Y-shaped in the map editor, nothing. In the end I used the flat pavement instead.

Also roads in Europe aren't all at a 90 or 45 degree angle, but hey.

Buildings don't need flat ground to rest on, they can be built on slopes too, but the map editor doesn't permit that.