Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Stopping auto-embarking:

I'm not sure it hasn't been mentioned but here's a tiny trick I use, that might be usedful to someone.

Recently in a PBEM I was getting frustrated that in very tight infantry-armor formations when all my current/old squad movement orders would get cancelled when a new movement order I was trying to add, would instead leap automatically to an 'embark' on a nearby vehicle and thus, cancel all the old movements I still wanted! Argh!

But I found that as long as I:

-First plotted a movement NEAR the vehicle I DIDN'T want to embark on.

-Then followed with another addtional movement point beyond that.

-I could then shift the previous 'near vehicle movement point' right on top of the vehicle, bit with no risk of embarking.

-Finally, I cancel the additional movement point, and have my squad stop right beside a vehicle but not actually embark on it.

Galatine,

Hit "shift V" to make vehicles disappear when moving your grunts so the grunts don't embark. smile.gif For the playback, just make sure that you hit the 'shift v' again to make the vehicles reappear.

On an occasion or two, I have forgotten to hit the 'shift v' to make the vehicles reappear. How confusing. How embarrassing. How "Duh"!!! redface.gifredface.gifredface.gif

Cheers, Richard tongue.giftongue.gif