Tank went over my AT mines, no boom :-(

During a small QB last nite against the AI I was defending against New Zealand and they drove a Sherman V right through my Anti-Tank mines and nothing happened. Did it get lucky? Usually you at least knock a track off and immobilize it. Anyone see this before? I figured the sherman was heavy enough to trigger a mine and it did run right through it. It was going slow, probably in hunt mode, but should that matter? So did it just get lucky or what?

This happens sometimes. Never ever count on mines to stop an offense. Use them to slow down the offense, and make your opponent change his plans. Be sure to cover the mines with AT guns or zooks so when the tanks do stop or are immobilized, you can kill them.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

The Last Defense- Mods, Scenarios, and more!

Minefields are normally laid down at a given density to get a 50-75% chance of a hit on a tank crossing it. This is the minefield density and is usually given as mines per meter front. Doctrinally they are used to slow and channel the enemy into kill zones. Any kills from the minenfields is gravy.

Essayons! Vauban