Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Wow, check out this mean T-34 skin

Looks like the Tamiya version, although the wheels are definitely not Tamiya. Looks great except for that shine from the decals. Other than that, it would be great to see in CMBB. Take a look at the IS-2 one on the same homepage. That is quite nice.

Originally posted by Commissar:

Looks like the Tamiya version, although the wheels are definitely not Tamiya. Looks great except for that shine from the decals. Other than that, it would be great to see in CMBB. Take a look at the IS-2 one on the same homepage. That is quite nice.

When I look at the photo, I don't notice an inappropriate shine with the decals themselves. If you look closely, the areas around the decals have a slight shine to them. However, there has been somewhat of a movement in modelling toward a less matte appearance to armour models. Tony Greenland is one of the champion model builders who advocates a slight shine, rather than a true matte appearance. Indeed, I believe this to be more accurate as evidence does seem to indicate that the paints used in WWII were not as matte as modern paints. For some odd reason, there is further evidence that Soviet paints were less matte than those from other countries and this was particularly noticeable on the rough-hewn textures of castings. Finally, I have also heard arguments that true matte finishes present scaling inaccuracies, but I'm really not up to speed on the rationale there.

Sorry to ramble so, it is a very nice model.

Originally posted by jgdpzr:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Commissar:

When I look at the photo, I don't notice an inappropriate shine with the decals themselves. If you look closely, the areas around the decals have a slight shine to them. However, there has been somewhat of a movement in modelling toward a less matte appearance to armour models. Tony Greenland is one of the champion model builders who advocates a slight shine, rather than a true matte appearance. Indeed, I believe this to be more accurate as evidence does seem to indicate that the paints used in WWII were not as matte as modern paints. For some odd reason, there is further evidence that Soviet paints were less matte than those from other countries and this was particularly noticeable on the rough-hewn textures of castings. Finally, I have also heard arguments that true matte finishes present scaling inaccuracies, but I'm really not up to speed on the rationale there.

Sorry to ramble so, it is a very nice model.</font>

Originally posted by Commissar:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by jgdpzr:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Commissar:

Sorry to ramble so, it is a very nice model.</font>