Frustrated Fledgling Map Designer

Elevation <-----alas it will be my undoing.

For my first scenario, I did a mock up of my nieghborhood and surrounding area including some hills that are located west and east of the main fighting. The problem I am having is that artillery from the hills cant target anything ....NO LOS?!!! How can that be?yet when I play tested the scenario the computer had no problem at all targeting me from its high perches ...in frustration I leveled the entire map except for those 2 hills ...much to my dismay I STILL HAD NO LOS!!! help help help or I may go bald soon from pulling my hair out.

Well, it would probably be best if you could actually post the .cmb file you're working on. Do you have a web server account anywhere? Maybe try GeoCities or Xoom if you don't, and then we could actually look directly at the problem.

(Hell, I'm on Christmas break, I got time! biggrin.gif)

Anyway, if that sounds good, just tell us and leave us a link! smile.gif

Map Making does get frustrating. I too tried the neighborhood (I think everyone has).

I have been having problems getting the bridges correct, I raise and lower elevations on the ends, but it still doesn't look like the "professional" map bridges.

I know, guess I should do a search. My Christmas break starts at 5Pm todau, then I will have time.

If war is Hell, CM is Heaven

With the bridges, you have to make sure that the tiles on the sides of the bridges, along the bank of the river, are the same hight as the ones under the bridge. Kind of hard to explain, but a little experimenting should make those bridges look a little better.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska