I thought you would like to know that the newest Boots N' Tracks (Combat Mission Section) of the Raider page is up for your pleasure.

It includes a look at some of the hard, close in fightng in the new scenario, "A Second Job," plus four new scenarios from guest designers.

Its a pretty full page and I invite you to visit us. Our CM Raider team is a great bunch of guys and they work hard to bring you the best that they can.

http://wbr.thegamers.net/boots_tracks/index.asp

Drop by to see us!

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester

Scenario Design Team

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

Guest TOBRUK

Just played 'a second job' against the AI, Wild Bill. excellent scenario ( as usual); played very smoothly, and was a tough fight. Good job! Looking forward to playing all your entries smile.gif

T-

Thanks Tobruk! I appreciate that. How did you do...which side did you take? No spoilers of course, just curious. I appreciate the note. More are coming. Did you try the new Operation,"Herrlisheim, Cut Off"? It seems quite playable and is relatively short (3 battles). Take care,

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester

Scenario Design Team

billw@matrixgames.com

Guest TOBRUK

** SPOILER **

(pretty much unavoidable smile.gif )

Hi Wild Bill;

I played the allies (will try Axis next, although of course with more intelligence now). I did quite well (total victory, but forgot scores). I think the AI could be a bit more aggressive with AFVs but maybe that's a difficult programming problem.

I have to say that I initially thought that I wouldn't enjoy street fighting (taking territory bldg by bldg, etc) but it turns out to be a real gas! Requires patience and stategy. I have also tried 'walk in paris' which was very good too, but the AI (or perhaps it was your placement design) did a better job, it seems to me, in utilizing bldgs by the enemy in your scenario. I literally had to fight bldg by bldg wheras is other scenarios the AI left too many troops in woods or open areas where they were severly susceptible to tank and mortar fire, etc.

Further, after occupying parts of the town periphery and turning toward the center, I was surprised by enemy armor appearing in my rear (reinforcements?). Did some real damage, too. But My guys did manage to get that mobile anti-air contraption with a grenade. (not very robust).

One last thought; I seem to have great difficulty getting engineers to use their rifle grenades and pack charges. What's with this? Do you have any insight into how these things are deployed? they would be formidable troops if they would use these things more readily, eh?

Anyway- nice chatting with you. Thanks for the scenario.

-T

Thanks, Tobruk. I had aggression on both sides turned up to the max, so not much I can do about that. The appearance of the armor in your rear probably means they got by you somehow. They are not set up that way at all.

I had no problem either with satchel charges. Check out our Raider CM page, Boots N' Tracks for the screen shots of satchel charges being used liberally by engineers.

http://wbr.thegamers.net/boots_tracks/index.asp

Thanks for the kind words. It was my pleasure too....Wild Bill

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester

Scenario Design Team

billw@matrixgames.com