Can't Open .CMB

Guest Lord General MB

Guest Lord General MB

Soldiers,

Every time I trie to open a battle I downloaded, I get a message saying:

"You require a pacth." Could use some help on this one.

Plus, I have finished a new senerio and need some testers. If your interested E-mail me at- mr_bill_jr_5@hotmail.com

(senerio basics)

During Market Garden, a small XXX corps force ambushes some relief tanks sent by the SS to reilive the defenders around Holland.

------------------

Cheers,

Lord General Mr. Bill,

1st Army

What version of the game do you have. Have you downloaded and installed the updates from Battlefront for CM?

If the scenario was designed in a later version or saved in a later version, you must have that version installed before you can play it.

Now does it say that when you try to unzip it or try to play it?

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester

Scenario Design Team

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

Guest Lord General MB

Sir,

I'm using version 1.03. Also this message displays when trying to open the battle in the editor (you see It won't even display the battle when there in the saved games/senerio file). So i'm limited to only the battle that came with the game.

------------------

Cheers,

Lord General Mr. Bill,

1st Army

All scenarios and operations should be placed into the scenarios subdirectory. That is the place to put them.

You should be able to unzip them, place them into the scenarios subdirectory and then see them on the menu when the game begins.

In the editor you are allowed to search through your hard drive (and/or zip disks, floppies even) to find your scenarios should you have them somewhere else.

For playing purposes, however, I would place them in the scenarios subdirectory. Better to have them all in one place.

WB

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester

Scenario Design Team

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

Guest Lord General MB

Sir,

I belive you do not understand the problem. I'll try to explain it:

1. I use a Macintosh G3

2. When I download a new senerio It unzips as a .cmb file IN TEXT FORMAT.

3. When I place the .cmb (in text format) in the the saved games OR senerio folder and try to open it IN the game I can't locat it. (Every battle that comes WITH the game will be displayed, EXECPT the downloads).

4. I tryed to open it in the editor ( when I pull up the senerio folder with the new games in it [iN THE EDITOR LOAD] it will apear. When I select it and double click to open, an alert message will apear saying:

"To open this file you need a pacht. go to www.battlefront.com"

------------------

Cheers,

Lord General Mr. Bill,

1st Army

Your problem is probably your method of unzipping the file. Stuffit Expander has an option to "convert files to macintosh format." You don't want this to happen, it screws with creater IDs, and makes your life hell when dealing with Zips. Try turning this off, it's in preferences.

If you're using ZipIt, I can't help you, you should get Stuffit Expander anyway, it's far better. You can find it at www.aladdinsys.com.