Saving Private Ryan Scenarios. Who was it?

Guest Pillar

Guest Pillar

1) Who's making them?

2) How's it coming?

3) When will they start becomming available?

4) Any more screenshots?

Thanks.

biggrin.gif

I did one on the Battle of Ramelle and it is posted on the site run by Manx

http://www.combatmissions.co.uk/

Jaguar is working on the rest of the battles. You can see his post on page 2 of this forum. He has done a nice job on the Omaha Beach landing. I don't know if he has posted it anywhere.

Those are the only two I know of at the moment.

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester/Designer

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

Guest Pillar

Thanks Bill, I downloaded your scenario last night and it was a blast.

SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN SPR!

I could almost feel the ground shaking when that Tiger came rumbling down. smile.gif

As Kenny Rogers says...(SPOILER BELOW)

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

"You gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em" There is a time to run in this scenario, about turn 9 or so. Take Captain Miller and his group and go to the Alamo. Hold out there and wait for the Angels on your Shoulders to put in an appearance. You'll lose the flag in the square but you should get at least a tac victory and you'll save Private Ryan.

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester/Designer

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

Hell no Bill,

Push your American troops forward as far as possible. I held the German forces at the outskirts of the village and comfortably held the entire town.

Attack ! Attack! Attack! Stand and fight smart and you can push the Germans back. I pushed them completely off the map in one playing of this scenario.

I have just polished off the D-Day mission, and you can D/L it from my post on the previous page of this forum (there's a link at the bottom) The next mission will be the attack against the MG nest.

1) Me

2) It's coming along nicely. I'm still trying to get the hang of the mission editor though.

3) The D-Day scenario is already availiable..... I would give the next mission about a week or so.

4) No new Screen Shots lately, because you can play the mission now. I will post some of the new mission before I release it.

Jaguar

[This message has been edited by jaguar (edited 07-07-2000).]

Guest Pillar

For the record, on Wild Bill's scenario my first try yielded an American "Minor Victory" with 2 people in the Company Commander's group alive: Miller and Ryan I assume (conveniently). smile.gif

--------------

Now that's the way to gripe.

- Adam (Pillar)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dell Wade:

I was trying, but it is SO German favored I didn't think it was much fun

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got an allied major victory my first time through. Toasted all the vehicles with gammon bombs and zooks (a Tiger at 5 m with a zook!), kept 4 of the 6 in the HQ healthy.

btw, I've only seen the end of the movie (in a hotel room on travel for work).