Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Periodic freezing for 1-2 seconds

bvar

Hi,

I tried to look for this problem in the Forum, but could not find anything relevant. If there is a soliution already mentioned somewhere, please point me to it.

During gameplay the game periodically freezes up for about 2 seconds. This happens every 10 second and makes the game unenjoyable as I am struggling to move around and give orders. When this happens, the rain stops, the screen does not move, keyboard and mouse buttos do not react, but the mouse curser moves. It is strange, that in the first operation this only lasted a few minutes at the beginning of the scenario. In other scenarios and operations I have tried, the effect does not go away.

I also noticed that during the 2 second freeze, there is always disk activiy as my HD lamp lights up.

I have the full install on my HD.

My system specs:

Amd Duron 650

Soltek SL-63AV+ motherboard

128MB RAM

SB Live Value! soundcard

Voodoo3 2000 video card

Sony 48x CD

20GB Quantum harddisk

I will try the game on a friends computer to

see if it is OK there. I'll post again in

the thread.

Please help!!

Bulcsu

Check to see if you are running any Virus check software like Norton's Antivirus.

If so disable it and see if the pauses go away.

Check and defrag your harddrive.

Make sure no other programs are running in the background while you play Combat Mission.

The last thing to check may seem odd but we have seen it before is to make sure Combat Mission is actually running from the harddrive and not the CD. Try launching the game directly from the CM.exe located in your install folder (default c:\program files\cmbo\). If this fixes the pauses and you were running from a shortcut on your desktop then it may have been that the shortcut was pointing to the CD rom drive by mistake.

Hope this helps!

Madmatt

Thanks to Madmatt for the quick reply, unfortunately none of them helped in my case.

Some additional info and correction:

My motherboard is a Soltek 75KV.

I always run Enditall before starting the game, terminating all programs.

My virtual memory setting is a fixed 256MB.

I have installed Win98,

a couple of days ago and my harddrive has more then 10GBs of space.

Bulcsu