Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Foreign volunteers mod?

Anybody intending to create some uniform mods for all the foreign volunteer formations that served on the Eastern front? Maybe as a CMMOS pack? I'm just reading the excellent book 'SS Panzergrenadier' by Leon Degrelle about the Wallonien (Belgian) Legion that fought there, and thought it would be pretty cool to simulate some of the battle actions that these formations took part in. ie the Wallonien, the Nederlanders, the Charlemagne etc as they all wore national insignia badges on their uniform sleeves. It might encourage some of the scenario designers amongst us to re-create some very interesting battles that they distinguished themselves in. Plus it gives different nationals a chance to fight as nations other than the Germans in their "European Crusade against Bolshevism"!

Plus it gives different nationals a chance to fight as nations other than the Germans in their "European Crusade against Bolshevism"!

I would love to see the Soviet Partisans modded out represent Tito's Yugoslavian Partisians. Time to show the Germans what some pissed off farm boys can do with a good hunting rifle can do. :D

I remember years ago when I bought Steel Panthers, I made a small heavly forested and Hilly rectangular map with a single village and road in it. I made the senario an Axis attack with Second line romanian Troops with limited armor support. They "raiding" a partisian controled village and I set the human player to the under gunned Partisans. I know it was "historically accurate" but damn if it wasn't the most most nail biting and hair raising fight I ever had in the game.