Potential Newbie becomes an imminent newbie !!

Well we're in the run up to Christmas now and it's the time when security and customs control are pretty hot in my household - so no danger of slipping a couple of new pc games in on the quiet. However,there is a way round this - have it as a Chirstmas prezzie !! Obviously the wife wouldn't know where to get it so I've had to order it myself - oh darn it, I've only gone and ordered both games from Amazon for £39 (including postage). Down side is though I'll have to wait for Christmas now. Oh well at least that dilemma's been solved.

Question ? Does that sound a reasonable price ? - and - What kind of manuals will be supplied with these games ?

Also on the box of CMBO it says it includes bonus scenarios and tons of MODS - anyone know what these are ??

Oh no both games!! Well like you i am an imminent nOOb and have been reliably informed that both games will consume the remainding days of my life (probably a good 60 years or so, you know with medical advances or so) If you only got one you would still have enough time to do other things like sleep, eat and maybe, just possibly work! smile.gif

I've ordered the Bundle Deal and in that i get approx 300 page manuals one for each of the games, well that's what it says in the readme, so no rubbish pdf files that will see us burn out printer ater printer just to get some info on units etc.. I wouldn't know about any extra mods or anything, but this is th eplace to be for them anyway i've quickly noticed. The guys here are helpful and very informed on the subject so i guess we are lucky to be late comers to the CM games because we have all these wonderful mods to choose from.

Ah i ramble. If you have ordered the Bundle pack then you get the games and the manuals is what i ws trying to say ;)smile.gif See you on the forums

Don't worry too much about the number of pounds you're paying.

The cost in time, attention paid to everybody else, and pounds spent feeding an increasing addiction to military history books might be far, far more. ;)

Box, extra scenarios... sounds like the CDV version. Since CDV set about to distributing CMBO fairly late, by that time there were a number of mods (graphics/sound tweaks in the form of replacement .bmp and .wav files) and additional scenarios already made. That'll save you some download time.

Oh, and hopefully they included Magua's Normandy terrain mod. It's a beaut -- I'd recommend that, as well as Panzertruppen's buildings.