Free veteran with every Regular order of Fries.

Pud

Im sure this has been raised but a search didnt bring anything up.

When I purchase a regular company of Infantry, most will be that but there may (in fact a good chance) also be a green and/or a veteran squad amongst them. I tried purchasing a Veteran company and the same +1/-1 experience thing doesnt appear to happen. Was i just lucky/unlucky or is this a feature (a good one mind you) that i couldnt find in the manual.

Well, think about the experience necessary to differentiate between a regular and a veteran: experience in combat. Now how about the experience difference between veteran and elite: highly specialized training and extensive combat experience. Not too surprising if they don't show up very often. You will get them though. In QBs with veteran troops, I've even had a "crack" team or too show up. Try playing troops that require special training, like paras or mountain troops.

It's in the manual, and purchasing a company (or whatever) is not proof against the variable +/- 1 level of experience.

It's on Page 219, appearing in the changes from CMBO. It appears to be an oversight that it didn't appear in the QB section of the manual.

[Edit to address busboy's comment]

Also on page 219 is the manual entry about that. The example given is High quality Soviets early on will have a maximum (purchaseable) quality of Regular.

[ October 28, 2002, 12:18 AM: Message edited by: Cameroon ]