Tanks and Command

I've been reading a lot of these interesting posts about CMBO and am finding them fascinating (In conjunction with getting my head round the game)

The question I have is that you have groups of units commanded by a HQ - and the nearby ones seem to get the appropriate bonuses from the HQ unit - but Tanks all seem to be treated individually..

Is there a way to give Tanks the bonuses from a HQ and to assign command to them - or are they all 'maverick' units just off out and about to 'do their own thing'?

Originally posted by Xinebbsa:

The question I have is that you have groups of units commanded by a HQ - and the nearby ones seem to get the appropriate bonuses from the HQ unit - but Tanks all seem to be treated individually..

Is there a way to give Tanks the bonuses from a HQ and to assign command to them - or are they all 'maverick' units just off out and about to 'do their own thing'?

In CM:BO all tanks are independent and have their effectiveness solely determined by their own experience rating. Tanks in CM:BO do not have morale states with the exception of 'shocked' which happens when the tank commander is wounded or killed, rendering the tank inactive and very vulnerable for a given amount of time (dependent on crew experience I would guess).

In CM:BB tank crews have morale states and they report back to their platoon leader's command tank and can benefit from bonuses that their leader posesses when they are within 'command and control', 'C&C', (red line connecting tank to command tank). Tanks without radios must be unbuttoned and their commander must be unbuttoned as well for there to be C&C.