Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

openplay.dll problems

Well I've read everything and I still can't get the motha-beautiful game to work...after installing patch 1.01 that is.

I just bought the US retail version of the game CMBB today. I install everything to the default directory, and begin playing...so far so good. When I then install patch 1.01 to the game, in the default directory, it tells me that the file openplay.dll cannot be found. It then says that a possible fix may be to reinstall the game. So I do. I then reinstall the patch...and get same error. I cannot use the new executable file, because of the mising file. I can, however, go back and play with the original 1.0 executable file, and get good results.

Any ideas on how to install the patches, and be able to play the game?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank mucho

Michael

Well, there is no retail version of CMBB, at least not yet so you most of gotten one of the European ones that CompUSA was selling by mistake (long story).

As such only the CDV patches should be applied.

An openplay.dll error usually means the patch is not installed into the correct location.

You should go ahead and delete everything and install once more from the CD. Launch the game and make note of the version in the bottom right hand corner (I was thinking the European version was actually 1.02 out of the box but I might be wrong).

You should then apply any neccesary patch in order and be sure they are installing INTO the CMBB folder thats on your hard drive.

Madmatt