Quick battle-more than 1000 pts

dor

Is it possible to make a quick battle with more than 1000 points in CMBO?Or to give to one side 1000 and to the other 2000 points?I ask this cos it seems not to be possible to have 2 elite king tigers and others several tanks along with infantry and support in a quick battle.Not to mention a few jabos...this'll exceed by far the 1000 points allowed.

Thank you in advance!

Yep, I believe the max points allowed by a QB is 5000 pts. The way to give one side more points is the use the handicap system. For your example, select a 1000 pt battle, then give one side a 100% advantage. You can also start with 2000 pts and give one side a 100% disadvantage. Hope that helps.

Kevin;

The *defender* always gets the point value that you select, so if you choose 3000pts, the defender always gets 3000 (unless you also use handicaps).

The pt. level for the attacker is equal to the defender's pt. level (the one in the Quick Battle variable) multipled by a battle-type %:

attacker's pt. value:

Meeting Engagement: same pts. for both sides (whatever you selected in the QB screen)

probe- defender + 25% (40%? can't remember)

flags are quite far forward

attack- defender + 50%

flags are in middle of defender's setup zone

assault- defender + 75% flags are in far rear of def.'s setup zone, and I think there may be more flags too. Defender also gets more points to spend on fortifications, IIRC.

If you want to be able to buy King Tigers, try the Armor force type, or maybe Unrestricted. Armor lets you spend ALL of your pts. of armor. Unres. lets you do that for any category except Artillery, which is always limited to a reasonable pt. level so that the games aren't blasting zones.

Use it in good health,

SM

[ November 16, 2002, 10:02 AM: Message edited by: Silvio Manuel ]