CMBO and CMBB Mod Compatibility

Some of the "legacy" textures, such as the Hetzer, Marder III, Universal Carrier, Jadgpanzer IV, etc. can use CMBO mod bmps. Some of them even are CMBO mods! The numbering systems are even similar, and in some cases the same, but keep in mind that CMBB often has two or three different sets of bmps to portray a vehicle in different time periods.

The majority of the CMBB models are brand new and much more highly detailed than their CMBO counterparts, so you won't have too much luck applying old mods there.

I have converted many mods from CMBO to CMBB. The only ones that can't be done 100% are most vehicles and guns. I have done walls, buildings, grass, snow and some trees. I am looking at doing some vehicles (eg Jeep) and checking out some sky.

They nearly all require renumbering as the CMBB numbering index is different to CMBO.

I know all the Mine markers work. I tried some the other day and they didnt need renumbering either. The walls and hedge should work and the barbed wire in theory but I havent tried them yet. Personally I wouldnt mind looking at bringing some of the snow mods back but wouldnt know how to really, ah well I can only do small no brainer tasks. tongue.gif

Dan