Are allied tanks supposed to be

Guest Germanboy

I guess that depends on the date. After a certain date all allied tanks can cross bocage (assumed to have the Rhino equipment), and through the holes they create they can fire. Dobler describes the tactics in 'Closing with the enemy'. If you want to know more about it, try a search on the main board with the key 'rhino' and 'bocage' or something like that. Hope that helps.

Welcome to the board.

------------------

Andreas

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/greg_mudry/sturm.html">Der Kessel</a >

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 11-11-2000).]

Thanks for the reply. I asked my (stupid?) question because of a VERY strange event that took place. One of my Tigers was tracking a Firefly. The Firefly hid behind some bocage and my Tiger lost acquisition. 8 seconds later the Firefly lights the acquisition (targeting) line on my tiger from what appeared to be behind the bocage. Needless to say, my tiger was toast at 200m. The Firefly wasn't near the corner of the bocage.

I surmise the Firefly drove into the bocage a meter or two so it could take a pop shot at my Tiger.

Alas frown.gif

[This message has been edited by Lacky (edited 11-12-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lacky:

I surmise the Firefly drove into the bocage a meter or two so it could take a pop shot at my Tiger.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not necessarily. You can fire behind bocage, although LOS get progressively worse. In fact, you get full benefit of bocage cover (as with walls) when you are behind the bocage (max 10-15m IIRC) rather than inside.

Regards

------------------

My squads are regular, must be the fibre in the musli...

[This message has been edited by coralsaw (edited 11-12-2000).]