New operation - Bloody Buron

If you are interested in Canadian actions in Normandy, you may go to http://appui-feu.panzershark.com to have a look at a new historical operation called "Bloody Buron", about the fighting that occured between the 9th Canadian Brigade and the 12th SS-PzDiv on June 7th, 1944.

French and English versions are available.

This operation has an original set of victory conditions and is balanced for pbem as well as AI play. The terrain layout is based on real topo maps as well as recon photographs from 1944.

On the same site you will also find a scenario about operation Charnwood, taking place at the same location in early July 1944. The author even drove to the area some months ago to get a direct feeling of the terrain.

Both scenarios were thoroughly researched to provide a fun experience while maintaining historicity.

Other historical scenarios involving Free French forces are available.

Have fun! wink.gif

Joel

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SS Peiper:

Joel I cant find the english versions of the operation Bloody Buron??

SS Peiper<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For some reason, the English version of the site seems to be down. frown.gif

I've sent a message to the webmasters, in the meantime, the file is on its way to your private address! smile.gif

Joel

I will heartily endorse Joel's previous work. Champ de Mars is a tough and engaging fight (I played as Free French). It and everything else I've seen from Appui-Feu look to be very carefully researched with very detailed maps and OB. Great stuff if you're into historical accuracy.

Thank you very much Rudelover biggrin.gif

I always try to read several sources about a single action, wonder why they differ on this or that point, find a topo map of the area, and then build my scenario from the results... That's the way I learn "micro-history" wink.gif

Cheers,

Joel

Guest SS Peiper

Thanks Joel I got the operation Bloody Buron.

I started the first scenario and it was great fun. I go to your site all the time, I have all of the scenario's from your site, (even if I cant read French smile.gif ) some of the best battles I have played. Keep up the Great work.

SS Peiper