Stringing commands together

I'm a dumb lawyer who cannot figure out how to string different commands together as mentioned in the CM manual.

Somebody please tell me precisely what to do after selecting a squad to make it (1) run to a waypoint, then (2) sneak to another waypoint, then (3) hide when they arrive, and finally (4) target a specific vehicle or squad.

The interaction between moving commands and firing commands when mixed together is confusing to me.

Thanks for any help.

------------------

Res ipsa loquitur

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lawyer:

I'm a dumb lawyer who cannot figure out how to string different commands together as mentioned in the CM manual.

Somebody please tell me precisely what to do after selecting a squad to make it (1) run to a waypoint, then (2) sneak to another waypoint, then (3) hide when they arrive, and finally (4) target a specific vehicle or squad.

The interaction between moving commands and firing commands when mixed together is confusing to me.

Thanks for any help.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Select the squad.

press "f"

move the cursor to where you want them to run

click the mouse button (I'm on a mac and have only one button)

press "s"

move the cursor where you want them to sneak

click the mouse button

press "h"

A this point you should see two waypoints and it should say "sneak and hide" at the end.

with the squad still selected press "t"

click on the unit you want to target.

If the unit you are targeting is out of LOS then the squad won't shoot until they're in LOS. If an opportunity target comes up before then, they'll probably switch.

You can't control the timing of when they move and fire except by managing what lines of sight that they have and when through maneuver. The squad will do mostly what you order, but is always bent on self preservation and will fire when it thinks it's a good idea.