i had no clue

I was just playing around and testing different units when I realized that the 88mm PAKs and FLAKs had movement class 9, the same as the gun tractor. I had no clue you could start the scenario with them embarked. I thought they were completely land bound. Once you disembark them, they don't go anywhere of course, so you better choose your spots wisely. That, and the 88mm FLAK has an unlimber time of 4 minutes, while the PAKs have an unlimber time of 8 minutes. Obviously very good reasons why you don't see people towing these around in QB MEs. Sounds like a feature solely for a scenario. Anyone know of scenario that you start with limbered 88s?

Spoiler:

In South of Sword (on the CD), the Germans get an 88mm FLaK on a Gun Tractor. Its a challenge to drop the thing off on a spot where it only has to rotate, you don't get spotted doing it, and its far enough away from said spotting eyes that a tank will *eventually* come within your spotting arc.

When I used it, I towed it far up the map, past the central flag. The AI spotted it and called in 3" fire, which KO'd a near by 251/9 HT, but not the gun. The AI then stupidly rambled a Churchill Crocodile forward, and the 88 Flak missed a 250m flank shot; the Croc replied with a one-shot kill from its main gun. Damned 88 FLaK's w/ their lack of gun shield don't like taking fire *at all*.

Nah, now at least one person started a QBME with a towed 88mm. The tractor quickly took a round from a Cromwell, leaving the 88mm unlimbered just behind it, and in such a position to block the barrel from an easy rotation of direction. Experimentation is often the way to find out new things, in which I found out that a limbered 88mm is not such a good idea in a QBME.