Acknowledgement of reverse slope as cover (SPOILER)

Hey all,

This is a spoiler if I get pics in this thread.Sorry I have pics but don't know how to paste them.

Well, I got CMAK, and have obtained little sleep. I don't know if this is an issue with CMAK or all CMX at large.

I was playing an Italy map, and had a tight platoon of regular Fallshirmjager (sp?), with a commander with only +2 on attack. I moved them up to the edge of a slope, so they would have some cover from being on the reverse side of the slope from the enemy.

The enemy were in foxholes, at the same level as my units. When they took fire, they moved across open ground to get cover from scattered trees, (and possibly a wall).

To their rear, (under the place where the photographer is), was under complete control of friendly forces.

When they took fire, they moved across open ground, instead of just backing down the slope, before they even panicked. When viewing the target of their move, it was not the wall but the scattered trees on the other side of the wall.

In short, it seems that only terrain features, not interposing hard cover, are acknowledged by the tacAI? I my book, they should have moved behind a stone wall, or back down the slope.

If one is to use terrain for cover, my hopes would be that the AI would do so also. My guys didn't crack from taking fire until they

Feel free to move this to the issue thread, but this one was big enough for me, (and there aren't many of these), to make a seperate posting of it.

Thanks,

SgtAbell

As far as I know this has always been the way CM works. The TacAI only looks for terrain type cover, not at the breaking LOS using the terrain itself.

This can result in some very unpleasent situations where troops decide its best to crawl towards cover even if it means crawling towards the shooter.