Problem with enemy ammo loadout when importing troops into a QB

When you import troops into a QB their ammo loadout is kept, except if you edit the ammo to zero, in which case the QB amo setting is used.

This is true for your own troops, but not for the enemy, it appears. I have tried both CMBB and CMAK (patched), and have tried setting the ammo level to all the possible interesting combinations I could find (none, 1 HE, 1 of each available type etc.) and in all cases, the units turn up with a full ammo load (which as the QB setting).

I'd love to find a workaround or have this fixed. It makes those raid battles in ROQC where you go up against a gun battery very difficult. I'll have to remove them or adjust the difficulty a good deal.

And I have been told that a gun battery that was set to fire indirectly isn't all that easy to adjust to direct fire mode, thus a low ammo setting for such a gun is appropriate. It could be wrong. JasonC, you ought to have some experience with that?

• 9 months later...

I'm also confused as to how this works. In both the CMBB and CMAK manuals, it states:

<<Note that these troops do NOT get resupplied, and a squad with LOW ammo will enter the new battle in exactly the same condition.>>

I just tried this for the first time in a PBEM QB, and all my units started with full ammo load out, including the heavy weapons and FOs...possibly even more than they started the first QB with (I can't remember if I changed the ammo supply setting).

Also, we both had air aupport in the first one, but there's been no sign of it over the first few turns: perhaps they weren't considered to have finished "on map"?

For anyone who's wondering, my TRPs were imported intact.

Originally posted by Robert Olesen:

When you import troops into a QB their ammo loadout is kept, except if you edit the ammo to zero, in which case the QB amo setting is used.

This is true for your own troops, but not for the enemy, it appears. I have tried both CMBB and CMAK (patched), and have tried setting the ammo level to all the possible interesting combinations I could find (none, 1 HE, 1 of each available type etc.) and in all cases, the units turn up with a full ammo load (which as the QB setting).

I'd love to find a workaround or have this fixed. It makes those raid battles in ROQC where you go up against a gun battery very difficult. I'll have to remove them or adjust the difficulty a good deal.

And I have been told that a gun battery that was set to fire indirectly isn't all that easy to adjust to direct fire mode, thus a low ammo setting for such a gun is appropriate. It could be wrong. JasonC, you ought to have some experience with that?