Setup phase skipped during QB

This has happened to me in two pbem games today. I setup & my opponent says he can't setup he's forces (skips his setup phase). But in other games my opponents don't have a prob, so I fig. it's something w/their sys.

I've never had any probs in my setups?

I told them to report it to you matt, but I'm not sure if they have.

------------------

"Far better it is

To dare mighty things...

Then to take rank with

Those poor, timid spirits

Who know neither

Victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt 1899

Guest Madmatt

Guys,

Can you email me some more specifics about your battles when this happend. I need to know what type of battle (Meeting Engagement, Probe etc..), points and if each player had the forces autopurchased, manually purchased or a combination and if so, I need to know which was what.

Fernando, I got your email but have so far been unable to replicate the skipped Setup phase and the answers to these questions might point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Madmatt

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

Guys,

Can you email me some more specifics about your battles when this happend. I need to know what type of battle (Meeting Engagement, Probe etc..), points and if each player had the forces autopurchased, manually purchased or a combination and if so, I need to know which was what.

Fernando, I got your email but have so far been unable to replicate the skipped Setup phase and the answers to these questions might point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Madmatt<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Meeting Engagement, 2000 points, manually purchased.

I’m going to email the data to you.

My opponent told me that he didn’t finish the setup in a sesion. He saved the unfinished setup and quit the game. Some time later, he loaded the save file and finished the setup. My CM group is fighting five battles against a Catalan group (I’m Catalan, so I guess I’m a traitor and I’ll be shot if I surrender smile.gif ) and it happened the same when the opponent starting the battle saved during the setup, quit the game, loaded the save file and finished the setup. The player receiving that setup couldn’t setup his forces.

I’ve received a new setup from my opponent. There was no problem this time and I’ve been able to setup my forces This time my opponent didn’t save the setup and finished it in a session.

I decided to do a test. I started a fake QB (Meeting Engagement, 2000 points, manually purchased). I saved the game during first player’s setup, then I loaded the save file and finished first player’s setup. Bingo! Second player's setup was skipped!

[This message has been edited by Fernando (edited 01-08-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Fernando (edited 01-08-2001).]