Winter woods

I just realized that you can see 60m in winter woods, but on 30m in other woods. That was really confusing me until I turned my tree graphics back on. That makes a lot of sense, but it almost cost me an AFV.

Anyway, nice attention to detail.

In CMx2 are you going to model woods so that if you blast them with enough HE they will become more like scattered trees, but with slower movement through them? That would be realistic.

I never noticed that, thats very interesting in fact. I can see the reasoning behind it - with leaf forest. But is it the same with pine forest? Pine is evergreen! So is any other needleleaf you'd find in a pine forest. Did you check effects on pineforest?

Cheerio

Dandelion

that is what had me so confused - pines line of sight is still 30 m. So when I had my tree graphics off, I wasnt really paying attention to pines v woods, and was really confused as to why i could see through some and not others.

[ July 03, 2003, 08:18 PM: Message edited by: Cpl Dodge ]