FNG checking in

C46thVA

Greetings

Just thought I would introduce myself to the community. Im a veteran of the US Army (Infantry by God!!) an avid amateur historian and long time wargamer. I also collect US Spec Ops and Airborne militaria.

I found the demo for CM a year ago and played it to death. A few weeks ago I found a package deal with all three games at my local gaming store. Been at it like mad ever since. Havent really started exploring the mods yet but all in good time.

The community seems to be very active and pleasantly free of teenage nonesense.

Im looking forward to gaming and discussing this great game with you all in the future.

And now for a relevant question...

Im looking for info on the combat history of the 17th SS Division, particularly its operations during the months of Nov and Dec of 44. The later part of the Lorainne Campaign to be more precise. I spent alot of time in that region during my last tour in germany. I also spent alot of time studying the battles on the Blies River and would love to create a scenario for that set of fights. Ive got loads of info on the US units involved but need more on the German forces.

Thanks

JW

Welcome! Sounds like you'll fit right it!

There are plenty of Lorraine campaign experts haunting these forums, but I'm unfortunately not one of them. I expect one of them will wander by sooner or later, if not make a thread along the lines of "Looking for info on 17th SS/Lorraine campaign", or something like that.

Just don't go in the Peng thread. This is extremely good advice.

;)