Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Mac CM Quits With Error 13

I'm trying to play CM on my Powermac 8500 with G3 upgrade. Every time I try to play a game, CM quits after 30 seconds (or so) claiming that an error of type 13 occurred. It doesn't matter what screen resolution I use. It doesn't matter wether Virtual memory is on or not. It doesn't matter wether the G3's backside cache is enabled or not. It doesn't matter what version of CM I use (I've tried 1.00, 1.03, 1.04, and 1.05; each with 80000K allocated to it). All permutations that I can think of have exhibited this behavior.

Here's my system:

Powermac 8500/120 w/ Powerlogix G3/320 upgrade

240 MB RAM

MacOS 8.1

ATI XCLAIM+ w/ 8MB RAM (ATI driver version 2.7.1)

CM was working fine until fairly recently. The only thing I can think of that has changed is that I ran Norton's Speed disk. Any ideas as to what's going on?

Guest Big Time Software

Do you have Norton Disk Light active? If so, turn if OFF. Apparently it doesn't like CM.

If that doesn't work you might try a reinstall (speed disk might have mucked something up?).

Charles