problems w/ winter mods

Hi all, this is my first post....so 1st, I like to say that these Combat Missons games; BB and BO are the ones I own, are totally freakin AWESOME! I have play many a wargame dating back to my 1st, with was I think called "barbarosa" on the Commadore 64. Anyways kudos to all you developers @ BF and all the Mod community to, for be so freakin through with all the uniforms and camo patterns and detail to the AFV's.

OK, now my problem....I have loaded many a winter mod, mainly the STuG III packs, and still no white washes, also for some of the PZIV models too. I realized that when making a map, i couldnt have snow on the ground and snowing in March and expect my panzers to be whitwashed, so i got that.

But even in december w/ snow on the ground ..still no winter mods. I know i should have probably posted all the mods that i have loaded, but, man....I think I have loaded close to over 150 mods...its so addictive!

DEY_MD_WW_GREY_PZIV-G_EARLY.ZIP ok here is one not working and DEY PZIV F2..and what do i do w/ "PSP"files, just drop em in the.bpm file?

And DEY, I have other mods of yours that are fantastic!! I just want these to work too :D

I am on a PowerMac G4 1.25 MDD 768Ram OS9.2.2 if that matters..

Sorry for all the questions :D

thanks

dh

Yo dudenheimer,

Does any of your many a winter mods ya installed show up at all.

Are you using either one of the two mod managers, they can at times cause more headaches then their worth.

Have you confirmed that the files are indeed in your BMP folder, or in the case of a Mac, where ever the BMP's are suppose to be located, being I don't use Mac's I have no idea what gives in that regard.

You do understand that any BMP file dropped into your BMP folder has to be in number form only, ie: 5400.bmp.

Anything in say this kind of form: 5400_sno.bmp, WON'T be recognized by the game engine and it'll be ignored.

Though you do mentioned my mods which should work with no problem.

If you have the ground condition set to anyone of the three snow conditions, and the bmps are in the proper number only form, then the winter BMP's should showup in the game.

I would say you have somekind of mac specific problem happening here and as stated I don't use this type of computer, so I can't do too awful much to help in that regard.

Files ending with .PSP are paint shop pro specific stuff and will not be recognized by the CM game engine, you can find several share-trialware graphic programs that can recognize these file types and load them up, where you kind save them in the bitmap form that the game engine is coded to recognize.

I might suggest you post this over to the cmbb forum, we need a experienced mac user, one that is a modder would be even better.

Thanks for the reply DEY!!

Concerning the BMP folder, i do have one, i will verify that all bmp's are in fact #'ed.

Many of the winter mods i downloaded work great, infantry, tank and vehicles, from all sorts of people including you Dey.

I am not using a Mod manager, as they confuse me...

alright, lemmme check my bmp folder, and give an update..

danke

sdf

Ok, so i had a couple of bmp's that had some extra stuff on them, so i trashed those...

The main thing i noticed is that some of the mods only work for specific time slots, and not others, like those PZIV's WW are good for 12-42, but not 12-43. Yes, some of the WW mods are marked (early),

which i thought ment the early version of the tank as indicated in the armor purchase screen, and not literally, as early in the war.

Doh!!! I need to check more on this as I think the "region" plays a part in this too.

Does anybody have a crash course on modding for me... for MAC even?

Thanks again

dh

For the the germans in cmbb, there is two base color schemes covering the early and late part of the war.

For the early part of the war from june 1941 until february 1943 all armour and guns will be in a grey based color, then from march 1943 until the end of the war everything is in a yellow base color.

What this really means is that there are two sets of bmps for most of the german AFV's and guns, one colored grey and one yellow, the trigger for which is loaded is the dates as noted above.

So say the PzIV-F2, if you had a scenario with the date of december 1942, then the grey based (dunkelgrau) one would be used by the game engine, note that there is a winter slot for each grey and yellow color base also.

Now if you changed the date to december 1943, then the yellow based (dunkelgelb) would be used.

The terms early, med, late, etc usual regard the point of manufacture in the life of the entity specified.