CMAK scenario names

Lou2000

Having had a quick look at CMAK over the last couple of days .... one thing that I wanted to change was the order of the scenarios.

Instead of being listed alphabetically, I wanted them in theatre order. So I've put a quick prefix on the scenario file name.....

NA = North Africa

EA = East Africa

CR = Crete

SC = Sicily

IT = Italy

The result is this .....

Newlist.jpg

Now if I want to play an East Africa sceanrio, its much easier to find.

It has the added benefit of identifying the original CMAK sceanrios over any usermade ones that I download in the future ... obviously any that I'm going to keep I'll add the prefix to the name.

Anybody else thinking of doing this should keep in mind that there is a limit to the lenght of a scenario name. I had to change the name of the 'Quick Play' versions to just 'Quick', otherwise the NA didnt show up.

Also: Whilst doing this I noticed that the scenario 'Panic at Glea' is listed as Africa, but is actually in Sicily.

Lou2000

I did consider cronological order but found that I had to change the scenario names too much to make it fit and I wanted to preserve the original name as much as possible.It will help when talking about scenarios with other who haven't changed the original names.

The ability to order them would by theatre or timeline would have been useful. Having added a prefix to the original names it does make any additional downloaded scenarios very easy to spot.

Once I had amended the file names I saved them all to a zip file (1.3mb) so I could email them, but wouldnt really want to do that unless somebody from BFC said it was OK. I dont see a problem with doing this, but its always best to ask !