Please recommend a grass/terrain mod

The default ground bmp files in CMBB are better than the modified for CMBO. The CMBB default archives are in high resolution mode.

The best thing you can do if you want to better the CMBO aspect in game is to use the CMBB ground and bases files. I pasted in CMBO folder the ground bmp with same number from CMBB folder. Later I did the same with the bases, scattered trees, brushes, rough terrain.... and if you want you can substituir the trees with similar aspect too. At the end, you will have a nice landscape of Western Europe in CMBO using that method. The buildings are different in Russia, dont paste them. You can explore and test all files you think are similar. Moreover, I have modified the wav files (sounds), with the CMAK wav folder files, using a wav guide list. Everybody knows that CMAK sounds are awesome.

And remember, make back up of your original files or the entire bmp folder before changing anything.