Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

TacAI = Big Brother ?

I tested a tactical variant against the computer:

(1) Soviet Defense (Fixed Setup) - a stretch of the frontline is blocked with roadblocks starting at the left edge of the map. The obstacle is not visible to the enemy.

(2) German (Test) Attack - Does a tank pass? I give a "Fast" order with one single waypoint just behind the enemy obstacle.

(3) I push OK and watch. The tank drives around a bit.

(4) I can give orders again. Oh wonder !!! the TacAI has traced a new route around the whole obstacle. I dont' even see the roadblocks.

Is the TacAI Big Brother ?

Screenshots on Request smile.gif

Are you running with the 1.03 patch?

I created a test situation in order to test this and I could not replicate your results.

I made a small map with a big hill bisecting it. One long road ran from map end to map end.

I placed some roadblocks and barbed wire on the 'obscured' side of the hill. One the other side was a T-34.

I gave him a single MOVE waypoint along the road (through the obstructions). His waypoint was not replotted around the unseen roadblocks. I even changed his waypoint to be right ON where the roadblocks were but he still did not change his waypoint around them while they were unseen.

Make sure the TacAI is not just plotting around some terrain object instead of the roadblock. Can any of your other units see the roadblock?

If you have a save game (a screenshot wont tell me anything) please email it to me directly.

Thanks!

Madmatt

[ July 09, 2003, 06:54 PM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]