Anybody else ever noticed this? -New guy

I Order my mechanized forces to advance, be it hunt or move, or whaterver............They seem very "Gobsmackked" when they run into any obstacle? I mean, as a former soldier, (Infantry), I agree that Track types are a bit thick. However, my beef with CMBB, or any CM game is that Mech forces on the advance or retreat don't deal well with woods or scattered trees, Etc. They get a bit weird around anything blocking their path. Comments appreciated.

Cheers-JHW (BCGOVT)

BCGOVT,

These tankheads are even more dense than the average modern US tankhead! You must carefuly plot their every turn. If you draw a straight line and it intersects with an obsticle, they will back up and plot their own, seemingly random course around it (usually involving 15 waypoints)! So again, micro manage your tanks.

DavidI

Yes, you have to be careful, or your tanks may plot courses that expose their rear (I can't think of a better way to say it) to enemy fire. Very frustrating to watch. Sometimes elevation changes can cause it as well as obstacles.

I remember I used to play Close Combat and sometimes the AI would have the enemy tanks swarm around like bees, regardless of facing. Must be hard to program.