CMBO vs CMBB

I am new to CM and have run into problems with mods. I am only playing CMBB at the moment and have been trying to load several mods, many times with no luck. One of my problems, I just found out, is that I have been trying to use CMBO mods in CMBB. I didn't know that they are not compatible, and often I cant tell if a mod is for CMBO or CMBB. Some sites give this info, others dont. Is there a list somewhere that would tell me what mods are for what game, or am I simply going to have to use trial and error? Thanx Bo

If you are unsure of a mod and theres no readme, just view one bmp from the mod and then compare it to the same number in your bmp directory, if its different (eg tree compared to house) then its not for your version.

[edit -

Of course most CMBO mods are fairly compatible with CMBB, Im presently converting all of Panzertruppens houses to CMBB as i prefer the darker, more subdued look of his houses than the bright ones from the CMBB CD. They are also less subject to the "twinkling effect". Just have to rename them to the approriate CMBB number sequence, so if you prefer a CMBO mod to CMBB file you can still use it, just back up your original files as doing this can easily stuff things up, i have stuff it a few times.]

[ January 19, 2003, 06:20 PM: Message edited by: Pud ]